D.I.Y TOILET CLEANER
Toxic free toilet cleaner… I mean what more could a girl want?
Just kidding there are lots of things I still want but being able to D.I.Y my own toilet cleaner from things I have at home (or easy to get from the grocery store) makes me pretty darn happy!
Why does it make me so happy you ask?
Well duh, it means another household cleaning item in my arsenal that is made by me!
This means that I know 100% of what is in there. No need to comb through the label and try and makes sense of words I can’t even pronounce and I also know that the products I am flushing down the loo are not contaminating our water system.
AND ALSO (as if the above wasn’t enough! GAH!) I get to save money. All the items used are super inexpensive and so readily available.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 10 drops dōTERRA tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops dōTERRA lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup baking soda/bicarb
- Simply mix the vinegar and essential oils together in a spray bottle.
- Spritz this into the toilet and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the baking soda into the toilet and scrub away with your toilet brush (bonus: not much scrubbing required).
- And viola, say hello to your clean toilet.
I used dōTERRA’s Tea Tree and Lemon essential oils as they are both famous for their anti-bacterial and cleaning properties. You can mix it up with other oils too like Wild Orange or On Guard… get creative!